Download Latest SP Flash Tool, an open-source tool developed by MediaTek Inc. SP Flash Tool supports perfectly with all MediaTek devices for flashing firmware, custom ROMs, and recovery images running Android OS, whether it is SmartPhone or Tablet.
|Name||SP Flash Tool|
|Type||Flash Tool for MediaTek Android Phones|
|File Size||66.50 MB|
|Supports||Microsoft Windows & Linux|
Latest Version: v2316
USB Driver: MediaTek Driver
- What is SP Flash Tool?
- Why do we need SP Flash Tool?
- How to Use SP Flash Tool
- How to Flash Firmware using SP Flash Tool
- Troubleshooting Common Issues
- Safety Measures and Best Practices
- SP Flash Tool FAQs
The SP Flash Tool, short for Smart Phone Flash Tool, is a software application specifically designed for MediaTek (MTK) chipset-based Android devices. It provides users with the ability to flash firmware, custom recovery, and even unbrick-bricked devices. In simpler terms, it’s a lifeline for your Android device when things go awry.
The SP Flash Tool acts as a bridge between your computer and your MediaTek-powered Android device. It enables you to modify, update, or replace the firmware on your device, essentially giving you more control over its software components. Here are some reasons why we need SP Flash Tool:
- Firmware Flashing: SP Flash Tool allows users to flash or update the firmware on their MediaTek-based devices. This can help fix software bugs, improve device performance, and add new features.
- Unbricking: If a device becomes bricked (non-functional) due to a failed firmware update or an incompatible custom ROM, SP Flash Tool can restore the device to its original state by flashing the stock firmware.
- Custom ROM installation: SP Flash Tool enables users to flash custom ROMs on their devices, which can provide additional features, optimizations, and updates not available in the stock firmware.
- Recovery Image Flashing: In cases where the device’s recovery mode becomes corrupted or non-functional, SP Flash Tool can be used to flash a working custom or stock recovery image.
- Rooting: For MediaTek-based devices, SP Flash Tool can be used to flash custom recovery images, which can then be used to obtain root access and install root-related apps and modifications.
- Backup and Restore: SP Flash Tool can also be used to create a full backup of the device’s firmware, which can be helpful in case of any issues or if the user wants to revert to a previous firmware version.
- Memory Testing: The tool has a built-in feature to test the device’s RAM (Random Access Memory) and NAND Flash memory for errors, helping diagnose potential hardware issues.
These are instructions on how to flash or install Stock ROM (firmware) on Mediatek Devices using the SP Flash Tool (SmartPhone Flash Tool).
Caution: Flashing or installing Stock ROM (firmware) using the SP Flash Tool will wipe/delete the data. Therefore, we recommend you take a backup of your data before using the tool.
- Download and install Mediatek Driver Autoinstaller on your computer (if in case Mediatek Driver is already installed on the computer, then SKIP this step).
- Download the Stock ROM (firmware) of your Mediatek Device and extract it on the computer (you can find Stock ROM on FirmwareFile or through Google).
- Download and Extract SP Flash Tool on the Computer. Once the Tool is extracted, you will be able to see the following files:
- Open flash_tool.exe to launch the tool.
- Once SP Flash Tool is launched, Click on the Scatter-Loading Button.
- Locate and Select the Scatter File (you can find the scatter file in the Stock ROM of your device) and Click on the Open button.
- Untick the Preloader option (flashing the preloader.bin can brick the device).
- Click on the Download Button to Begin the Flashing Process.
- Connect your Mediatek Device to the Computer using the USB Cable (make sure it is powered off). After connecting the device to the computer Press Volume Down or Volume Up key, so that SmartPhone Flash Tool can detect the device.
- Once the Computer detects your Device, the Flashing process will Start Automatically.
- Once the Flashing Process is completed, a Green Ring will appear at the End.
- Now, Close the Flash Tool on the computer and Disconnect the Device.
Invalid IMEI and How to Fix It
An Invalid IMEI can lead to network issues. SP Flash Tool can help you restore your IMEI and regain network connectivity.
SP Flash Tool Not Recognizing the Device
If SP Flash Tool doesn’t recognize your device, it might be a driver issue. Reinstalling or updating the drivers can often resolve this problem.
Stuck in a Boot Loop: How to Escape?
A boot loop can render your device unusable. SP Flash Tool can help you break free from this cycle by flashing stable firmware.
Creating a Complete Backup
Before making any changes to your device’s software, always create a comprehensive backup. This ensures that you have a restore point in case anything goes wrong.
Double-Checking Before Flashing
Flashing is a critical process, and a mistake can have severe consequences. Double-check all settings and files before initiating the flashing process.
In the ever-evolving landscape of Android customization and repair, the SP Flash Tool stands as a reliable companion. Its ability to breathe new life into bricked devices, facilitate customizations, and troubleshoot issues makes it an indispensable asset for both enthusiasts and professionals.
What is SP Flash Tool?
SP Flash Tool, short for Smartphone Flash Tool, is a computer application designed specifically for flashing firmware, custom ROMs, and recovery images onto Android smartphones and tablets that use MediaTek (MTK) chipsets.
On which platforms is SP Flash Tool available?
SP Flash Tool is primarily available for Windows and Linux operating systems. The tool is designed to be used on computers to flash firmware, custom ROMs, and recovery images onto MediaTek (MTK) based Android smartphones and tablets.
Is SP Flash Tool free?
Yes, SP Flash Tool is a free software application. It is available for download and uses without any charges. However, it is important to note that the tool is intended for users with certain technical expertise.
Is SP Flash Tool safe?
Yes. The SP Flash Tool is 100% safe for the computer, laptop, and MediaTek devices. Furthermore, since the MediaTek community officially releases the tool, it’s 100% safe and secure to use on the computer.
How often is the SP Flash Tool updated?
There is no fixed schedule during which MediaTek updates the SP Flash Tool. Instead, updates are released to fix bugs and improve performance when needed. All updates come directly from MediaTek.
How can I install SP Flash Tool?
SP Flash Tool is a portable application that doesn’t need to be installed on the computer. Instead, download and unzip the tool on the computer and double-click the flash_tool.exe file to launch it.
What devices does SP Flash Tool work with?
SP Flash Tool is designed to work with Android smartphones and tablets using MediaTek (MTK) chipsets. Unfortunately, the tool is incompatible with devices featuring other chipsets, such as Qualcomm, Exynos, or others.
Does SP Flash Tool require an internet connection to use?
SP Flash Tool does not require an active internet connection once downloaded and extracted on your computer. However, you will need an internet connection to download the tool and firmware, custom ROMs, or recovery images that you intend to flash onto your device.
Is there any alternative tool to SP Flash Tool?
Yes, there is an alternative MediaTek flash tool called SP MDT Tool. SP MDT (SmartPhone Multiport Download Tool) is another flash tool that MediaTek Inc. developed for flashing firmware, custom ROMs, and recovery images onto MediaTek-based Android smartphones and tablets.
Where can I download the MediaTek Driver?
You can download the MediaTek USB driver compatible with SP Flash Tool from the MediaTek Driver website or other reputable sources offering driver downloads. Alternatively, you can download the MediaTek USB driver from reputable websites like AndroidMTK.com or XDA Developers forum.
Where can I find stock firmware compatible with SP Flash Tool?
Is SP Flash Tool compatible with all Android devices?
SP Flash Tool is specifically designed for MediaTek chipset-based devices.